Dr. Jack C. Johnston
Board Certified Orthopedic Surgeon
Jack C. Johnston, MD
Dr. Johnston specializes in the treatment of a variety of orthopedic conditions including sports medicine.
- Undergraduate: University of Washington, Seattle, WA
- Medical: Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: Montefiore Medical Center / Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY
- The Douglas W. Jackson, MD Sports Medicine Fellowship: Southern California Center for Sports Medicine / Long Beach Memorial Hospital, Long Beach, CA
- Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Texas Medical Association
- Diplomate, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Awards and Recognitions
- Most Compassionate Doctor 2013
- Team Physician, Lamar University Soccer team
- Team Physician, Lamar State College Port Arthur Basketball, Softball and Volleyball teams
- Team Physician, Texas Strikers/Oxford City Football Club
Research and Publications
- Plancher KD, Peterson RK, Johnston JC, Luke TA. The Spinoglenoid Ligament. Anatomy, Morphology, and Histological Findings: The Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, Vol 87-A No. 2: 361-365, 2005
- Johnston JC, Plancher KD, Hawkins RJ. Elbow Injuries to the Throwing Athlete. ClinSports Med 15(2), 1996
- Karlson JA, Steiner ME, Brown CH, Johnston J. Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction Using Gracilis and Semitendinosus Tendons: Comparison of Through-the-Condyle and Over-the-Top Graft Placements, Am J Sports Med 22 (5):659-666, 1994
- The Spinoglenoid Ligament: Strain Related to Shoulder Motion: Peterson RK, Plancher KD, Johnston JC, Luke TA. Accepted for presentation at the annual Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons Meeting, Specialty Day. New Orleans, LA: March 22, 1998.
- The Rotator Interval and Defect: Quantification of Dimensions and Correlation to Glenohumeral Pathology: Plancher KD, Johnston JC, Peterson RK, Hawkins RJ. American Shoulder and Elbow Surgeons Thirteenth Open Meeting. San Francisco, CA; February 16, 1997.
- The Spinoglenoid Ligament: Anatomy, Morphology and Histology: Peterson RK, Johnston JC, Plancher KD. American Shoulder and Elbow Surgeons Thirteenth Open Meeting. San Francisco, CA.
- Also Presented at the Annual Academcy of Orthopaedic Surgeons Meeting, American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine Specialty Day. San Francisco, CA; February 16, 1997.
- Gracilis-Semitendinosus ACL Reconstruction: Comparison of Through the Condyle Versus Over the Top Graft Placement. Steiner ME, Johnston JC, Brown CH. Brigham & Women's Hospital 20th Anniversary Scientific Program. Boston, MA; October 1990.
- Also presented at the Combined Congress of the International Arthroscopy Association and the International Society of the Knee, Toronto, Ontario, Canada; May 1991.
- Also presented at the Annual Meeting of the American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine. San Diego, CA; July 1992.
- Patellar Tendon ACL Reconstruction: Biomechanical and Clinical Experience. Brown CH, Johnston JC, Steiner ME, Presented at 5th British Knee Instability Course, Oswestry, England; May 1990.